Alan Morse Park, Bathurst
The Green Horticultural Group were the successful tenders to undertake a complete reconstruction and rebuild of Council’s wicket tables at Alan Morse Park. The works involved the re-orientation of the existing wicket table and construction of new table with 5 pitches.
The scope of works included the following:
- Site Survey and set out for re-orientation of the wicket table
- Removal and disposal of existing turf cover
- Excavation of existing soil
- Excavation and storage of existing wicket soil
- Compaction of sub-base and installation of bidum cloth
- Placement of DGB and compaction
- Placement of course sand layer and laser graded
- Supply and install drainage system to perimeter of wicket table
- Supply and installation of a plinth board to perimeter of new wicket table
- Supply, install, compact and laser grade existing cricket wicket soil and add new soil as required to achieve specified levels
- Replacement of approval soil and turf to original wicket table areas
- Supply and install washed Conquest Couch to the wicket table and affected outer edges of the works
During the construction period the site endured both torrential downpours of rain and extreme heat. This meant the moisture for compaction was variable and was treated accordingly only to roll when optimum, to ensure the perfect rate of compaction. The grow-in of the wicket table is being undertaken by Council.